Monday 12 September 2011

An inspirational teacher

The very prim sister turned out to be the opposite. One should never judge a book by the cover. She was witty, yet very gentle. Her lessons were imaginative and fun. The children loved her. And no wonder. I enjoyed every minute that I was in her class too.

As well as providing support for some of the children in the class I also taught the Social Studies topic for Sr V, so that she could have her release time. I looked forward to this every week. In the end the children made puppets and we presented a show to the rest of the school. It was hard work but the children gained so much from it all.

Sr V encouraged me all the way. A truly inspirational teacher.

I felt really sad when I finished my six month contract and would no longer be working with Sr V.

No comments:

Post a Comment