Friday 2 August 2013

Care and consideration, always appreciated

The car, an old and battered Ford Fairmont, broke down just outside the community centre.   Well it ran out of petrol, to be precise.   We seemed to be always broke, and keeping the tank full was never an option. 

I was just about to get the can out of the boot, in order to walk back to the service station, when I saw a car come down the drive of the farmhouse.   The farmer stopped and asked if he could help, as he had seen my car stop on the side of the road.   He then took me to the service station, and brought me back, whereupon we noticed that the front right tyre was flat.   The farmer changed the tyre, then filled the petrol tank, before sending me on my way home.   


This was a typical supportive and considerate action by a caring farmer in the local farming community.     

No comments:

Post a Comment