Thursday 25 July 2013

Murder

I opened the Sunday paper, and the headlines blazed 'Woman found dead in .......'.    My heart sank.   It couldn't be Mrs S.   Surely not.  

A couple of weeks previously a mother at the school  left her husband and three children and disappeared, with no further contact with family.   Her husband did not know where she was.   He was very upset, and could not understand why she had left.   But, at the back of my mind I thought it must have been for a major reason as this mother loved her children very much.

So when I saw the headlines, my first thought was the children.  What to do?   Panic set in.   So Walter and I decided to drive out to visit the family, on the pretext of picking olives.        

And it was with great relief to find the father and three children at home, but not entirely happy as the dead woman had been found in a hut close to their house.   So we picked olives, spent some time with the family and drove home.

As to the murder, it was the result of a dispute between a man and a woman, but thank goodness the family at our school were not involved.

Sadly the mother never returned home, and there was no more contact.

And we threw the olives out because my attempt at preserving olives was not successful, not at all.

No comments:

Post a Comment